Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Week

My name is Heather, and I'm a WoW addict. For those who don't know, WoW is an acronym for World of Warcraft, undoubtedly the most popular MMORG out there. I started playing at release, November 23, 2004. I can't believe it's been that long. Five years of my life. I used to play at least 12 hours a day. Every day. I was hardcore to the extreme. I'd wake up, fed the pets, shower, and log on. Lose myself in the virtual world until I was too tired to play anymore.

But hopefully that part of my life is over. A week ago my husband and I made the decision to quit. It's only been a week but it's been hard. It's sad how hard it is to quit a video game. Every day it's a struggle to just not log on. It's been such a huge part of our lives that I just don't know what to do to fill the void. It's easier on him because he has a job, but I don't have one yet so I just spend all day doing chores and trying to think of things to distract myself. I just hope I have the willpower to get through the next couple weeks without going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment