Monday, February 28, 2011

Sleep or lack thereof

So I never used to have sleep problems before I started playing WoW. I don't know if that's just a happy coincidence or they developed because of my gaming. Now, some weeks I just can't sleep. I'll try to sleep for hours, on and off, then just give up and get up. Or I'll sleep for three hours and my body decides that's enough for me. Or I'll sleep for 12 hours and still feel tired. I don't know what my body's problem is, but it drives me batty that I can't control how much I sleep.

I'm realllllly tired today. Not because of my normal sleep issues, but because the husband has been working even later than usual and that led to a really messed up sleep schedule. Again! My husband usually works from 5 PM to about 3 AM. Usually he doesn't get out until at least 4 though, and last week it was about 7 AM. I hate going to bed before he gets home because then it feels like I never get to see him. But at the same time I hate going to bed at 4AM. Anyway, on Friday the terrible weather caused a lot of problems that made him stay until around 8 AM. So I stayed up and my schedule got so messed up that today er well yesterday we woke up at around 5 PM. It's almost 10 AM now and I'm so tired. But I'm so sick of going to bed at stupid times that I thought it was a bright idea to just stay up. I'm pretty sure none of that made any sense. Ugh, yeah I'm tired.

It's days like today that I wish I liked coffee, or tea. I only drink soda though and I'm trying to quit that. I'm debating on going for a walk but I'm not sure if it would be very smart to wander around when I'm half asleep. It'd probably wake me up but I'm clumsy enough when I'm not half asleep and I'd rather not hurt myself. One of my dogs is snoring right next to me. I don't like him very much right now! This is him, Reeses. He's the hardest dog ever to take pictures of, the only way to get him to stand still long enough is to sneak up on him when he's sleeping. When he's awake he's the most hyperactive dog I've ever met. Despite having a bad leg, he tries to climb on you and wags his whole butt when he wags his tail. He's a good dog though, he's the not so bright, loveable one in our family.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, Reeses must have Boxer in him. Zoe is the most hyperactive dog I've ever known--she won't even let you pet her because she gets so excited! It's kind of maddening because we want to give her pets and love but often she's too spastic to let you get close enough. Argh!

    Sleeping problems? Oh Em Gee...JOIN THE GANG! I have always had a problem sleeping, but since WoW, it's horrible. BUT, I have a solution for you if you're willing to give it a try. The following link will bring you to Glenn Harrold's free "Relax and Sleep Well" audio tape. Steve downloaded it for me on a whim because he knows I have a horrible problem with insomnia and he thought it wouldn't hurt to try this. Well, it not only helped a HUGE amount, it also helped with my motivation and self esteem and I'm a much happier person since I began listening to this audio. Actually, Steve and I now have a bunch of selections of his and they really do work. The trick is that you have to WANT to be hypnotized. Don't fight it, just relax and allow yourself to go into it. It may take a few days to get into the rhythm of it, but if you listen to this every night, you'll notice a difference in your outlook on life in a week, and you'll be much better rested. Give it a try. It's weird, but Glenn Harrold has changed our lives for the better since we began listening to his audio tapes.

    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/relax-sleep-well-by-glenn/id412690467?mt=8

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not really sure what breed Reeses is, he definitely does have the brindle coloring that's common in boxers. The SPCA where we got him said that he's a shepard/dane but I don't believe that for a second. The part shepard I could see but the only thing that's great dane about him is that he's big lol! He's the strangest dog physically though, he has a relatively long silky coat, with no undercoat. He has floppy ears, and a slightly curved tail.

    Thanks for the tip, I'm so checking that out. Hopefully it works for me too :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trying to figure out the mixtures that make up a mutt. I'll have to post a picture of Molly...she's definitely at least half Border Collie...the other half...not so sure...Pointer? We don't think she's purebred but she might be. Anyway, she's sure pretty!

    Let me know what you think of Glenn Harrold's tape! I hope you like English accents...that was distracting at first because I was all, "OH YUMMY ACCENT HE SOUNDS SO GREAT JUST KEEP TALKING TO ME..." *cackle* But I got used to him whispering in my ear all those sweet nothings..."Just relaxxxxxxx....feel yourself letting gooooooo...." :D

    ReplyDelete